Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Finally Back in Action

Well I am finaly back online and ready to go after a few months of being offline. And in that time I realized that having the internet at my disposal has helped alot getting through the hard days of being a parent. Its my escape from my children and as much as I would love to say that I dont need an escape from them, it isnt like that and any stay at home mom is going to agree with me. Or at least that is what I think.
But anyways, since my break from the pulls of online, I have finished the first draft of my next story. Its difrent from "A Whirl in the Darkness", this one is more of a suspense. It takes place on the Cape Cod, it name for now is "Deadly Passions". But that could change at anytime. I have a history of changing my titles all the time.
In one of my previous blogs I talk about publishers. And yes I still think that you should judge someone's writing by who they got published, but I have to admit that going with a vanity publishing company is the worst mistake that a begning author could make. I am sorry to say that I feel victim to one of those publishing companys that said they were traditional but they are just a vanity publisher.Thats right I am talking about PublishAmerica. I am not saying that they are bad, I am just saying that I should have done more research about them. But its okay, I'll do better with my next book. My goal is to try to get on with a big publishing company. But we'll see. Because its really hard to be able to get on with one of them. But you have to just keep trying. Because if you dont than you'll never know if you are good enough to do it. I know that I have talent as a writer, not sure if they are up the big publishing company's but I am going to give it a try.

No comments: